Monday, September 16, 2013

A Sad, Horrible Day

Twelve people dead.  Dead from more cowards that think that this will make them famous, or further their cause.  It's impossible to know at this time.  It appears that there could have been as many as 3 gunmen.  1 is dead, the others are being hunted down as I write this.

In the days to come, we will hear of acts of courage and bravery I'm sure.  We'll hear of how the survivors managed to dodge death or help others that were injured.  These people are the ones we should talk about and glorify.

I know this won't happen but I wish we would only be told if it was terrorism or not, what group it was if it is terrorism, and how they're going to pay for what they have done.  I don't want to see their pictures, I don't want to know their names, and I don't want to know about their personal life.  The only thing that matters is that they killed at least 12 people and injured countless others.  That's the only thing I need to know.

I need to know that our Government is finally going to do something about showing the world that we will not tolerate attacks against our citizens and military personnel.  War is one thing but this is just plain cowardly behavior that wants nothing more than to kill anyone that's different.

If it was workplace violence then I still don't want to know anything more than I would about a terrorist.  The only reason I can see to show their pictures is so that we can help bring them to justice, period.  The more we tolerate this kind of behavior, the more likely we are to see more of it in the future.  It's time to draw a line in the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment