Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Backflow Time

I am enclosing the letter that came today saying that my "annual backflow certification" is due.   This is a real sore spot with me.  First, the ordinance wasn't even enforced for more than 15-20 years.  Last year, we all got the joy of our first letter and when I asked what happens if I don't follow through with the certification, I was told by staff that my water would be turned off.

Well, I wouldn't have such a heart attack over this except for one thing:  Only those who actually followed the law and got a permit for their water system are charged.  So, I am being penalized because my sprinkler system was put in legally.  Anyone who installed the system themselves and didn't get a permit doesn't have to get the certification.  I have to say, I am really irritated that I am being penalized because we did what the law required.  What a crock!



If you read the ordinance, there is an argument that anyone with an outdoor spigot has to get a backflow certification, but it's only those who want to be as legal and conserve water that are being targeted.

Thanks City of Chubbuck, I love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment